Sunday, August 07, 2005

Questioning educators

I was reviewing some notes from the School of the Future World Summit and found three things of interest. First, I finally took some time to look at the School of the Future website. It is exciting to see an organized explanation of the school, as well as the design for the school in Philadelphia. Anyone think I could get a job there in 2006?

Second, I had written a question to ask whomever for help finding a job of interest. I found while I was traveling with international students, working with a great company with and excellent cause (takingitglobal), presenting a student perspective of education and meeting amazing educators, I wanted a job doing the exact thing. I wrote: 'What can I do for the educators, for education, my passion and enjoyment of meeting people, traveling and encouraging educators?' I'm tempting to learn how to get a grant to attend NECC 2006 and other similar conferences.

Third, one gentleman at the conference while asking the student presentors questions ask us to raise a question to the audience of educators. I wish I could share this question with the many blogging educators and see the responses: What should I avoid in order to continue my optimism and avoid the pessimism (which some call realism) and keep acting/creating change in education?

No comments: