Saturday, August 12, 2006

the power of consumers

Thank you Cherrie for sending me over to the show with zefrank. I've only watched a couple, but loved one of the favorites: ugly myspace. zefrank's representation of the power of today's consumers is so great. As a journalism graduate, i enjoy the metacognition of the average citizen's power to understand, create and control their media. Although media is now EVERYWHERE and very hard to get away from as I once discussed on my old blog (but can't find--it was about persuaders), we also have access to more information and control to understand this advertising. We just must be educating our youth to use and understand these forms of media as told by Will Richardson when talking about teaching myspace in a recent podcast of a presentation.

1 comment:

Cherrie said...

Yes, yes, zeFrank is best.

I haven't hooked onto Will Richardson yet. I think one time I commented on his blog and he totally snobbed me. Ha ha!

Hmm, might wander over now...