Tuesday, December 27, 2005

desire to read

I was perusing at the book store and found a section of essays and anthologies. I had a desire to read many of them, unlike I ever had before. I often read novels and a collection of nonfiction books, but I have never gotten into essays or short stories or poems over prose. But now, with books such as George Orwell's A Collection of Essays, I see some great brief thoughts coming form writings using metacognition to examine their lives and the world around them. This reminds me very much of some of my favorite bloggers... writing brief entries about those things that affect them or are often re-examined in their minds. Except, with blogging it becomes more quickly interactive and entries relate back to the old entries and topics. It is more the process of creating thoughts and learning than the end result in books.

In addition to this, I continue to remember how much I enjoy books. I have a large library of books which I am unable to bring along with me to San Jose. Instead, I must limit myself to a select few. These few I do not find the time to read anyhow as I keep busy and have a large public library to select from as well. If I gathered all my books together and counted them, I believe almost one fifth of them would be books that I have not read or at least finished. I am overwhelmed by the desire to read and enjoy books, but I do not take the full action of when living life actively in the present wins out. With time, I hope to read more and review books through one of my blogs.

No comments: