Saturday, November 05, 2005

blogging

The once or twice a week that I spend catching up online, I realize how much I'm missing out on. Now I know I'm lucky to have internet at all and even more lucky to get a good connection at my local library. But I've been spoiled at my university with a constant link to the internet. I have a computer online at all times; when I woke up in the morning, I could get on, chat briefly with people, check my email, the news and the weather. When I came back from classes, I could spend more time talking online, reading email and search the internet for information and people's opinions. I've often found myself lost in people's blogs--going from on blog to the next, learning opinions and reading articles of intersting topics.

Today I found a long discussion about the idea of blogging versus journaling (via a friend's suggestion). Several interesting people continue a discussion through their blogs on this topic and others that I find intersting. Given the time and resources, I would love to join in on these discussions. There is a great deal to keep up with and information I would like to follow, but I haven't the time nor the constant access to the internet that I once had. Instead I find keep up by reading old posts, several at once, in hopes that when my internet lifestyle likely returns, I'll still be enough in the loop to join in our such discussions and blogging. Atleast I have feeds (via Bloglines) for easy access to the last posts on my favorite blogs.

What is your definition of blogging?

No comments: